Saturday, January 15, 2011

First week back.

Well this was my first week (or should I say four days) back in clinic. I have really enjoyed my new setting. It is inpatient rehabilitation. Most of the patients are there after a fracture and surgical repair, stroke, or other debilitating life event. My CI is very sweet and high energy. It is a great environment to learn in. All of the therapists, nurses, social workers, and the medical director are very friendly. Like all inpatient rehab sites, the care is collaborative. The patients are required to be treated 3 hours a day for PT and OT. This can be very challenging for some patients. Particularly people who sedentary before their hospital stay. I think it is going to go quickly. The only tough part is that I have to get up at 5:30 am every day. Dane and I are both the opposite of morning people. Chris warned me when we got married to look at in the morning because Dane is not a sweetheart. ...Fortunately I'm not either. We are doing our best! ha. One thing about my CI is that she treats two pediatric patients after hours so I am going to get to treat some kids too!

This week Dane started playing Conway city-league basketball. He had two games this week. This is great for us because the league is at Don Owens Sports Center, a free center with basketball courts and a running track. So I met my goal of working out. I spent the first visit this week walking and talking to my classmate and friend whose husband was also playing in a game and the second visit running and walking. I am hoping to keep this up during this rotation. Dane and I are very thankful to get in some physical activity. Dane's second game was fun because they went into overtime after the other team was fouled while shooting a 3 pointer and the guy made all 3 of his free throws. Dane's team ended up winning in the 2 minute overtime though.

My parents are in town tonight so we are going to eat dinner with them in Conway! Hooray. I do love good company and good food. :)

Tomorrow I am going to the Arkansas Bridal Fair in Little Rock with Haley!! I am so excited. I have never been the Bridal Fair but I have always wanted to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment