2011 has been a big year for the Womacks. This is our first Christmas in another state. We love our apartment. It has a great brick fireplace that is perfect for Christmas.We are blessed to be able to go home to Arkansas for Christmas weekend. We are looking forward to celebrating with our families, but we have had lots of Christmas cheer here!
Last Thursday night we went to a special Christmas service at Duke for United Methodist students. It was a Wesleyan Christmas service and a potluck! Last weekend we had two big Christmas parties. One of my coworkers is married to a former Duke Div student who is now in the ThD program at Duke. We live like a block away from them and they had the best Christmas party. They are from South Carolina and their home has the best southern charm. They are a huge blessing to us. Saturday night we had a Christmas party with my coworkers in Chapel Hill. We exchanged gifts and enjoyed time outside of work. I have some wonderful coworkers who are exceptional therapists but more than that they are just very kind people.
Here are some pictures of our home decorated for Christmas.
Front porch with a wreath made by my sweet Momma.
grapes in the wreath
red bird
Our tree
Stockings, Christmas cards, light up stairs, trees..
fireplace star
My very favorite - my Nativity scene that Gran got me the year we got married.
Our First Christmas 2008 ornament
I love this cake that we got the year we got married. The little sign below says "We do."
Gran gave me two of these beautiful intricate snowflakes.
Christmas table. I love the picture of my Dad and Beth at Christmas
several years ago in the frame above the table.
several years ago in the frame above the table.
Callie got me this hand towel. Love it!
All of our Christmas presents that we bought here are in this suitcase to be checked. We also had some shipped home. Dane is going to wrap all of them when he gets home..
I adore this plate. Adore it. Every time I see it I smile.
My cousins Jon and Amanda bought us these traditional Christmas dishes when we got married. That was one of the best gifts. We did not register for them (we didn't even think of registering for Christmas dishes), but the pattern has been around forever and we can buy other pieces at any department store.
I got this Duke plate (to match our Arkansas plate) on a great Christmas sale.
I love it that it has poka dots and our Arkansas plate is stripes.
LOVE LOVE LOVE!
ReplyDelete