Saturday, January 26, 2013

Christmas 2012 and Our 5 Year Anniversary

I wish that these pictures were in order... They are not. :)

Dane and I had a great Christmas Break. I was fortunate to have a week off of work. We flew home direct on Friday night to Memphis. Dane's parents picked us up from the airport. We stayed with my parents until Christmas Day and then we stayed at Dane's parents until the Sunday after Christmas. My parents got us an awesome Nikon D3100 for Christmas/Anniversary. We are still learning how to use it, but I had to do this photo drop.


 Beth was home the entire time that we were home because we got snowed in! Oh.. on that note.. CONGRATS to my sister who passed both of her comps in her PhD program. She is the real deal.


 Mom made TWO homemade coconut cream pies and another pecan pie. She also made her famous homemade Christmas cookies. She always makes like 12 dozen or something for Dad to take to work.

 We had our annual Christmas Eve family pitch game.



 Dane took this picture of my parent's house with Christmas decorations.

 We went to the Womack home Christmas morning to open gifts. Corey was home for two weeks at Christmas. He moved to L.A. in October and we missed him at Thanksgiving.



 I love this little snowman woman that Angie has! She sings and dances.

 My parents hosted Mom's family Christmas for Christmas Brunch. I do not have any pictures of Christmas with Dad's family because I did not have my camera yet!





 My Pop!


 ...finally figuring out my camera settings ;)

 Mom and Beth

 Mr. Christmas himself!!

 Julie and Jimmy.


 We celebrated Christmas with Reid's family at a nursing home. Dane's Nanny Sherra had a knee replacement and was recovering/rehabilitating at Batesville.

 Dane's Grandpa Tony 

Dane's Aunt Nancy's children were all in for Christmas! Sara lives in Ireland and Kyle lives in Texas. Nancy and George loved having all 3 kids at home!





 We celebrated with Angie's family on Christmas night at Mert and Vaughn's house. It definitely snowing by the time we made it to their house.

 Dane and his scarfs.

 Mert got a bread box.

 Jody and Richard.

 Snow in Arkansas!! 

We had a great time and it was hard to leave our families. We made it back to Durham by Sunday afternoon. 

The Friday after New Year's was our FIFTH anniversary!! Being married to Dane Womack has been even better than I imagined. I wouldn't change anything about our life together. We celebrated our five year milestone with a trip to Charleston, SC.

 We stayed at the Elliot House Inn.



We had one of the best dinners we've ever had at Husk Restaurant. It was ranked Best New Restaurant In America by Bon Appetit and Southern Living in 2011. Our friends Dana and Brett recommended it.

 Charleston is a beautiful city with great American history.



 We ate a a diner from Diners Drive Inns and Drives.

 Yum. Biscuits and gravy to die for.



 It was a little chilly, but we just bundled up and walked around for 2 days. We parked our car when we arrived and did not get back in it until we left Charleston.



 We drove out to Sullivan's Island on our way home to see the ocean. 
I try to get to the ocean as much as possible.
This man. My husband. Thank you for 5 years. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment