Friday, May 7, 2010

Graduation Festivities Day 1















The graduation festivities officially began today. Beth and I actually started celebrating last night with a little farewell dinner at Old Chicago with Beth's friend (my friend too!) Amber. Beth loves Old Chicago and I do too. We thought it would be a great way to enjoy one last meal together while Beth actually lives in Conway, even though she plans to come stay with me a few times during the summer.

Then we drove back to Farris and I took a photo of the two of them in front of the building. I have lots of great memories in that building and I know they do too. Sometimes when I drive up at night I have a flood of memories that brings tears to my eyes. Happy tears.


After dropping them off, I drove home and began preparing for today. Today was a big day! I like big days.

Corey presented his thesis at 9:40 entitled "The Last Summer." It's actually a movie that he had already premiered (and presented at the Conway Film Festival!). At his presentation today he discussed the writers and cinematographers that he gets his inspiration from and some of the technical and development aspects of the film. Wow. There is a tremendous amount of thought and work that goes into movies. I felt overwhelmed at the end of the presentation and realized that I simply do not have the ability to focus that it must take to make a movie. Props to Corey. Here is a photo of Corey, Dane and their wonderful parents Reid and Angie. I really couldn't ask for better in-laws. They are such sweet people.

Beth presented her thesis at 10:40 entitled "Overcoming Obstacles: Prospects for Further Military Integration in the EU." She did a fantastic job. I didn't realize that there was so much that I don't know about the EU.. or NATO...or the UN for that matter. I watch the news sometimes.. Anyways. She was great. Very knowledgeable, and very passionate. I am proud of her. She is brilliant really. And I'm not biased. Here is a picture of her taking questions and one with Donna from the Honors College. Donna is the Associate Director and a vital part of the Honors College and it was great to see her!

































After the presentations, Beth and Corey and our families attended the Honors Banquet. I heard that it was a huge sucess. Corey was one of the graduating speakers and he apparently did a great job. Here are a few photos from the event.

Beth and our parents.


Beth and her friend Elizabeth.


Beth and Amber with their friend Brian.


After the banquet we had a small party at my house to celebrate! Thanks to Susan for a wonderful spinach dip recipe!!


No comments:

Post a Comment