Today I found out that I passed the NPTE. The information was not available on the Federal State Board of Physical Therapy (FSBPT - Yes we like acronyms in the PT world.) website. Instead I found my name when I searched the North Carolina website for licensed therapists.
Jill Michelle Womack - Active
I'm a PT. It's official. Time to celebrate.
On another note, I recently obtained my Duke spouse card. This card gets me into football games for free and into the Duke Recreation facilities for an annual fee. Yesterday I used it on the machine weights. Today I went with a friend to the Spin class. I had never been to a Spin class before. Basically you ride a bike in a small room with other people for 1 hour. During this hour you climb hills, increase the resistance, stand up, lean forward, etc. I am sure there are much more technical terms. The instructor was excellent. The music was very upbeat and it was in a dark room. I prefer to exercise in the dark. It makes my pink cheeks less...startling. I am a little concerned that I may not be able to climb the stairs in our apartment tomorrow.
Tonight one of my friends from PT school is coming to stay with me through the weekend. She is interviewing for a job in Raleigh. It would be great to have a friend nearby! We are going to have a good time I just know it.
I have so much to be thankful for tonight. Particularly for so many people who helped me reach my goal of becoming a PT.

No comments:
Post a Comment