Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend 2011 and the NPTE


Dane and I have had a great Labor Day weekend. Saturday we went searching for a bedroom dresser. We have never owned bedroom furniture. We borrowed some pieces from Dane's grandmother and then we used some furniture that was in the rent house we lived in at Plumerville. We bought a dresser off of Craigslist last week and we absolutely love it. It is an espresso colored and the wood is nice. However, after we bought the dresser we have really struggled to find a piece of similar value/quality. We are convinced there is one out there! Saturday we went to a furniture resale store in Raleigh as well as the Raleigh Flea Market. The Raleigh Flea Market is INTENSE. The website says that are over 600 vendors. I believe them. There are vendors in a large NC state fairground building as well as rows and rows of vendors outside. Unfortunately we did not find another dresser. However, Dane said that he felt the entire day was proof that he does love me. After all, he did miss a large part of the first day of college football to walk around in an outdoor flea market.

Of course, we made it home in time to watch the Razorbacks. Apparently there is some system where people in Arkansas can watch games that are not televised on pay per view, but if Arkansans choose not to purchase pay per view then they cannot see the games on the internet (I honestly do not understand this..I don't even understand how cell phones get internet through "3G"). I just know that we had never watched a Razorback game online before, until Saturday. Dane connected my laptop to our tv and we watched the game online for free (on our tv...). Craziness. We were pretty happy about our high speed internet access. :) A much much appreciated change. Oh and we had delicious grilled steaks, salad, baked potatoes, and grilled squash for dinner. Talk about a good night. The Razorbacks obviously won. Dane explained that the competition (picked to finish 9th in their conference) was not too competitive. ;)

Sunday we went to to Wrightsville Beach. Dane  had not yet been the beach and we know that our lives are about to get too busy to spend driving 5 hours in the car. We ate a delicious lunch and then attempted to park. The parking situation was tough. Wrightsville Beach was very crowded. We ended up paying a guy $20 to park. I told Dane that I thought he would have paid $50 by the time we found the spot. ha. Surely not. Well, maybe so. The beach was pretty crowded, but the weather was amazing and the water was perfect. Overall it was a great day. A sort of staycation.

In the midst of all of these activities I am preparing to take my National Physical Therapy Exam (NPTE) on Wednesday at 8 am. Yikes. I am taking the test at a testing center in Raleigh. Tomorrow I am going to get up early and drive in rush hour traffic to practice for the test. The testing book recommends it. I am very ready to get the best behind me. In the mean time, my Cooler Ranch Doritos are my BFF.


No comments:

Post a Comment